Terms and conditions of enrolment
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
To successfully complete training, the student must be able to check and competently record, read, interpret, estimate, measure and calculate. You may be required to undertake a Literacy and Numeracy test to determine the level of assistance you may require. If required, the RTO may refer you to literacy and numeracy training in areas identified as necessary to ensure you meet the requirements of your training. Zokal Safety Training will make all reasonable efforts and utilise a variety of available methods including external support services to assist all students in their efforts to complete training programs.
Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
When undertaking training, the student acknowledges that they must observe the RTO’s Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Policies and all workplace practices, as instructed by the RTO, including Equal Rights, Equal Opportunity and the Anti-Discrimination Acts.
The student acknowledges that they must observe The RTO’s policies and procedures, according to State and Federal Government legislative and regulatory requirements, as set out in the Student Handbook.
Enrolment & Selection
1. Courses are open to all adults 16 years and over.
2. The student is responsible for notifying the RTO if they have a medical condition or disability or require assistance in attending a class.
3. It is the student’s responsibility to note the date, time and location of the course as advertised.
4. Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled, every effort will be made to contact students, please ensure your contact details are correct.
5. Requests from the student to transfer or credit their course placement due to changed personal circumstances will be considered and every effort will be made to ensure a placement into an alternative course.
6. If you are unable to complete your course, due to changed personal circumstances, the RTO will make every effort to ensure you are placed into an alternative pre-scheduled course.
7. Students participate in courses involving physical activity; field trips, practical demonstrations etc. and do so at their own risk. The RTO’s students are covered by public liability insurance whilst working within the classroom.
Zokal Safety Training is committed to delivering high quality services that support students throughout their training and assessment. This commitment is based on a client focused operation that produces the best possible outcome for students. Zokal Safety Training will ensure students are informed of the services they are to receive, their rights and obligations, and the responsibilities of the RTO.
Students who undertake training with Zokal Safety Training receive every opportunity to successfully complete their chosen training program. Zokal Safety Training will provide students with information prior to commencement of services including any subcontracting arrangements affecting the delivery of training and/or assessment.
Course Fees, Payments and Refunds
1. Zokal Safety Training’s course fees are all-inclusive. There will not be additional charges or fees for the duration of the training course. Course fees are outlined on the Zokal Safety Training website www.zokal.com.au
2. In line with the RTO’s Fee Protection Policy the RTO will not collect more than $1,500 per student prior to course commencement.
3. Certificates and Statements of Attainment are issued to students who are assessed as competent in the units successfully completed. The cost of the certificates is included in the course fees.
4. Refunds may be made in the following circumstances:
a) Zokal Safety training initiated refund
• 100% refund will be given if Zokal Safety Training is unable to run a course on the dates stated at enrolment, or in lieu of a refund, the student may elect to be enrolled (transferred) to the next available course
• 100% refund will be given if the student is deemed to not meet the minimum LLN requirements by the trainer and assessor after the commencement of the course
b) Student initiated refund
• 100% refund if request received in writing 14 days prior to the course commencement or alternatively transfer to alternative course date at the student’s discretion
• 50% refund if request is received in writing between 13 days and the course commencement
• If the student commences but does not complete the course, no refund is payable.
5. Students are responsible for the safe storage of their Certificates. If a student requires a reissue of their Certificate or Statement of Attainment, a certificate re-issue fee of $50 including GST will be charged.
6. The RTO is responsible for issuance of AQF certification documentation within 30 calendar days of course completion, providing all fees have been paid and a valid USI number provided.
7. If a student is deemed not yet competent on completion of training, they will be offered 2 opportunities for further training and reassessment.
Complaints and Appeals
Zokal Safety Training recognises that differences and grievances can arise from time to time. The quick settlement of these matters is in the best interest of all parties concerned and the following steps are implemented to ensure this happens.
1. Inform the RTO if you are dissatisfied or have any concerns about our products, services, processes or policies.
2. Inform the RTO if you think you have been treated unfairly or unjustly. The RTO will discuss the matter with you and try to resolve the problem
3. If you are not satisfied with the resolution we will refer the matter to an independent mediator.
4. If all parties cannot reach a satisfactory solution you have the right to seek representation and appeal under the relevant State or Federal Law.
Workplace Health & Safety
Our RTO is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for the benefit of all clients, visitors and employees.
The RTO monitors and maintains the appropriate Workplace Health and Safety levels and obligations under the Federal and State rules and regulations of the NSW Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011.
In consideration of all the RTO clients and students it is important that adherence to all legislative acts and regulations are observed while undertaking training. If students have any concerns or notice a condition or practice that seems unsafe, it is important it is brought to the attention of the RTO management.
Access and Equity
Our RTO is committed to access and equity principles and processes in the delivery of its services and working environment in accordance with the Equal Opportunity Act 1994, Racial Discrimination Act 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977, Sex Discrimination Act 1984 and Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
In the event of a situation that is considered by clients to be in violation of Zokal Safety Trainings’ Access & Equity Policy, students and clients are required to report the situation to management.
Harassment, victimisation and bullying
Our RTO does not tolerate any harassment, victimisation, bullying or any such conduct that has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or an offensive learning environment. This includes harassment, victimisation, bullying because of sex, race, national origin, religion, disability, sexual preference or age.
Harassment is unlawful under Commonwealth and State legislation and all harassment, bullying and victimisation are contrary to the duty of care to provide a safe environment for work and learning.
In the event of a situation that is considered by clients to be in violation of the RTO??????? harassment, victimisation and bullying policy, report the situation to management.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT)
The RTO recognises the Australian Qualifications Framework and Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications and VET statements of attainment issued by any other Registered Training Organisation.
Credit Transfer will be awarded for all units of competencies that directly align with units from the qualification the student has enrolled. Evidence of competences achieved must be supplied for recognition to be processed (i.e. presentation of original certificate or transcript).
Recognition of Prior Learning is granted as a result of identifying and assessing previous and current informal education and training, work experience and/or life experience and knowledge. All students are eligible to apply for Recognition of prior learning and need to indicate their decision to apply for recognition as soon as possible.