National units of competency
- PUAFER005 – Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
This course provides the skills and knowledge to be able to respond to emergencies in your workplace and carry out safe evacuation. It includes:
- Alarms and warning systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency evacuation procedures for your workplace
- Initiating an appropriate emergency response
- Fire Warden responsibilities
- Post-evacuation activities
Knowledge and Skills Achieved:
- Site-specific alarm systems and response
- Making decisions appropriate to the emergency situation
- Site specific emergency procedures and response plans
- Communicating clearly with key personnel and responsible authorities
- Conducting safe evacuation of a building.
Training conducted by experienced evacuation and rescue specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
There are no prerequisite units.
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Lunch will be provided and light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises). Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Mon 29th Jun 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||1 unit||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Tue 25th Aug 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||1 unit||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Mon 14th Sep 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||1 unit||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Tue 10th Nov 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||1 unit||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|