HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
UETDRRF004 - Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
UETDRRF007 - Provide first aid in an ESI environment
This course is designed to provide participants with the skills required to manage and provide essential first-aid in an emergency within an ESI environment and to be able to identify the additional risks associated with this environment.
Application and Relevance
ESI employees are required to maintain currency in this Unit for authorisation/approval to work on ESI Networks.
Electricity Supply Industry workers who undertake the installation and/or maintenance of network infrastructure which requires workers to Perform rescue from a live LV panel and CPR, to meet WHS, mobility and mutual aid requirements. The course will provide participants with the skills to effectively deal with an emergency situation in the workplace that may require administering effective use of first aid skills, coupled with CPR, and it meets the duty of care required when participants are required to work in close proximity to live electrical parts.
This course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
This course provides participants with the confidence and competence required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty, in the context of those having suffered electrocution.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Assessing and controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge and maintenance of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
- Providing CPR and first aid
- Involvement of external emergency services
- Recognise an emergency and act to minimise immediate hazards to themselves and others
- Introduction to first aid principles including Electrical specific injury
- Assessing a cardiac emergency - DRSABCD principal
- Resuscitation techniques
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Undertake emergency care of a casualty
- Be respectful and recognise the need for accurate confidential records and reporting requirements that meet legislative and organisational needs.
- Training conducted by experienced first aid specialist trainer/assessor
- Associated documentation
- Manual, Manikins or actors for role playing scenarios
- LVR Kit
- Mobile phone or other communications equipment
- First aid gloves and masks
- Water and/or hydrogel
- Bandages, padding and splints
- Incident reports
- 8 Hours classroom, practical training and assessment
Participants require refresher training every 12 months in order to maintain satisfactory levels of emergency preparedness and stay current in CPR.
Participants will need oral communication skills in order to make an accurate verbal report to emergency services and workplace supervisor
This is a competency-based program with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge.
You will be assessed on performing ESI environment scenario and task demonstrations to:
- Assess and control hazards to first aider, casualty and others
- Undertaking involvement of external emergency services
- Use available first aid equipment and resources
- Provide injury management using first aid principles
- Treat electrical shock
- Treat burns
- Treat bleeding
- Treat shock
- Provide PIT for snake/spider bite
Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Fri 2nd Sep 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Fri 16th Sep 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Mon 10th Oct 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Fri 28th Oct 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Fri 11th Nov 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Tue 6th Dec 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Wed 14th Dec 2022 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $197.00||Apply|