- UETDRMP007 – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
- UEECD0007 - Apply work health and safety regulations and codes of practices in the workplace
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Application and Relevance
- LVR has a 12 month validity and must be completed every 12 months by anyone working LIVE.
- CPR has a 12 month validity.
ESI employees are required to maintain currency in this Unit for authorisation/approval to work on ESI Networks.
Electricity Supply Industry workers who undertake the installation and/or maintenance of network infrastructure which requires workers to Perform rescue from a live LV panel and CPR, to meet WHS, mobility and mutual aid requirements.
This Competency Standard Unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
This course provides participants with the confidence and competence required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty, in the context of those having suffered electrocution.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Assessing and controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge and maintenance of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
- Providing CPR and first aid
- Involvement of external emergency services
Training conducted by experienced rescue and CPR specialists
Up to 8 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s live LV operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course.
It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Mon 11th Dec 2023 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $297.00||Apply|
|Mon 18th Dec 2023 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||Cost $297.00||Apply|
|Tue 6th Feb 2024 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||ZOKAL||Cost $297.00||Apply|
|Wed 27th Mar 2024 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||ZOKAL||Cost $297.00||Apply|