- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Application and Relevance
This course applies to a wide range of settings where first aid emergencies may occur. It is relevant for people working in education, aged and community care, sport, outdoor recreation, travel & tourism, hospitality, industry enterprises, mining as well as in home or other environments.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance. Topics include:
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Airway and breathing management
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillation
- First Aid management of the unconscious casualty
- Medical conditions including cardiac, diabetes, epilepsy
- Infection control and First Aid for minor wounds
- Allergic reactions and asthma
- Control of major external bleeding and shock
- Management of near drowning
- Hyperthermia and hypothermia
- Burns and electric shock
- Eye and soft tissue injuries
- Venomous bites and stings
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Head, chest and abdominal injuries
- Assessment of the sick and injured
- Recording vital signs
- Communicating details of an incident
- Debriefing and evaluation of response to critical incidents
Training conducted by experienced first aid specialist trainer/assessor Course Manual
The course can be conducted at your premises or our purpose built training facility.
7 hours (1 day) classroom training and assessment (with workbook pre-work); or
14 hours (2 days) classroom training and assessment
A nationally-recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued to all successful participants. Please refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.
Unit of Competence:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
Participants require refresher training every 12 months for CPR and every 3 years for first aid in order to maintain satisfactory levels of emergency preparedness and stay current.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants will need oral communication skills in order to make an accurate verbal report to emergency services and workplace supervisor
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course. It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Full Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break and lunch (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
This course is either 16 hours face to face or 8 hours face to face with the completion of a workbook prior to the face to face training. Failure to complete the pre-work for the 8 hour course will result in the student being turned away and re-booked onto the next available course with an additional course fee. The pre-work is posted out, please confirm the address you would like it posted to.
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Tue 1st Sep 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Tue 20th Oct 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Tue 17th Nov 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $197.00||Apply|
|Wed 9th Dec 2020 at 7:00AM||1 class||3 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $197.00||Apply|