Shift materials safely by hand – 1/2 Day
National units of competency
- PMBHAN103 Shift materials safely by hand
Application and Relevance
Work involves the application of the basic principles for the safe lifting and movement of loads when shifting materials safely using manual handling methods as part of day-to-day work. This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to shift loads using manual handling methods, including assessing the risks associated with relocating the load, planning the relocation process and carrying out the relocation in accordance with the plan. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements are applicable to this unit.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively with others when manually lifting and handling materials and goods
- Read and interpret instructions, procedures and information relevant to the manual lifting and handling of materials and goods
- Interpret and follow operational instructions and prioritise work
- Work collaboratively with others when manually lifting and handling materials and goods
- Promptly report and/or rectify any identified problems
- Implement contingency plans for unexpected situations
- Apply precautions and required action to minimise, control or eliminate risks
- Monitor work activities in terms of planned schedule
- Modify activities depending on differing operational contingencies, risk situations and environments
- Apply fatigue management knowledge and techniques
- Work systematically without injury to self or others, or damage to goods or equipment
- Operate and adapt to differences in loads in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Select and use required personal protective equipment conforming to industry and OH&S standards
Training conducted by experienced hazard specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s manual handling operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility
There are no prerequisite units..
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course. It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on Manual Handling - 4 hours or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.