National units of competency
- RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct Local Risk Control
This competency applies to operators who have completed their working at heights training within the last two years. This will confirm that participants have the necessary practical skills and theoretical understanding to undertake work at heights on a broad range of structures in differing environments across a broad variety of industries. The participant, through a combination of theory and practical will refresh their necessary skills and knowledge to work safely in a broad range of situations using the various types of fall protection equipment. Emergency response and heights rescue using a variety of techniques for varying situations will be covered. This unit of competence is aligned with the AS1891 with clear focus on compliance with the current codes of practice. This is a refresher course for students who have already completed their work at heights training.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- Regulations and legislation
- Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
- What defines ’work at height’
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint and fall arrest systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Compliance, strengths and characteristics of height safety equipment
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Emergency procedures including rescue
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Identifying the work requirements
- Accessing and installing equipment
- Performing work at heights
- Cleaning up the work area
Training conducted by experienced confined space and rescue specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
Public Courses Half Day $147.00 per person.
For Group Bookings, please contact our office
All equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
It is considered best practice to undertake refresher training every 1-3 years.
Students completing this course will need to provide previous evidence of their working at heights training.
Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System. It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. Students to bring own Gloves if they require them. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
Please select your course date.
|Start Date||Classes||Units||Location||Places left||Cost|
|Fri 19th Jul 2019 at 7:00AM||1 class||2 units||Zokal Safety Training||8||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Fri 13th Sep 2019 at 7:00AM||1 class||2 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Fri 18th Oct 2019 at 7:00AM||1 class||2 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|
|Thu 21st Nov 2019 at 7:00AM||1 class||2 units||Zokal Safety Training||10||Cost $147.00||Apply|