National units of competency
- MSMWHS200 – Work safely
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
Application and Relevance
On completion of this unit, the worker will be able to identify Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) hazards, and assess risk, as well as follow instructions and procedures in the workplace with minimal supervision. The worker will also be capable of participating in and contributing to OHS management issues.
This competency applies to all workers as they carry out their normal day to day activities in a safe manner in compliance with legislative requirements and their duty of care.
Topics include and are not limited to:
- the identification of hazards and hazardous areas
- methods for assessing risk
- the identification of standard controls for the hazards
- a simple evaluation of the effectiveness of the controls
- an awareness of the need for further action
- the rights and responsibilities of employees under the OHS legislation
- management systems and procedures for OHS
- the hierarchy of control
- hazard policies, procedures and information
- safety procedures
- locate, understand and follow workplace OHS procedures
- identify and interpret signs and symbols, including emergency alarms
- recognise hazards common to the industry and in their own workplace
- locate sources of OHS information within the workplace
- select and use personal protective clothing and equipment
Training conducted by experienced hazard specialists
Up to 4 hours classroom, practical training and assessment
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s operations either at your premises or our custom built, purpose training facility
There are no prerequisite units..
Industry Skills Councils have mapped this course to level 2 of the Australian Core Skills Framework. It is recommended that participants provide evidence of their Foundation Skill Level prior to the commencement of the course. It is recommended that participants contact Zokal prior to their course if they have any concerns about their ability to complete the training.
See Student handbook for additional information.
Number of Participants: 10
Requirement: Provide Unique Student Identifier (USI number) and ID
Equipment: All training materials are supplied by Zokal Safety Training
Meals: Half Day Courses – Light refreshments will be provided at morning break (only on our premises)
Dress: Participants are required to wear clean clothing appropriate for the workplace and covered shoes. All other equipment used will be supplied by Zokal Safety Training.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH, AND MUST BE ABLE TO FILL OUT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION.
This is a competency based programme with progressive assessment throughout the course, including demonstration of written and oral questions relating to underpinning knowledge. Please let us know if there are any issues that your Zokal trainer should be aware of. These may include:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy
- Physical limitations, such as hearing, vision or mobility concerns
- Anything that may affect your experience in the training course
Nationally – recognised accreditation such as a wallet card and Statement of Attainment Certificate as outlined above will be issued on satisfactory completion of all assessments, to successful participants
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on Work Safely & Risk Control – ½ Day or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.